Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Going to Pakoh - Part 2

Supposed to post this up long time ago..but took my time to post something else up....

I went back to see my grandma for years i have not met, is fun going back to met my grandma for she lives in a long house :) so its a different scene all along for me....

Of course when we were there, she is always in the kitchen or she will be sleeping or taking her beautiful nap ( she does the same thing all the time without fail each time we are back to the long house)

Meet my grandma....never knew she had this typical grandma smile :) she was concern if she was not at her best looks for this photo... conscious minded..LOL


Me and my grandma...


Me and my grandma....shes around 92-93 years old......but does not look that old for her age...she can even walk and does daily chores like a 50-60 year old grandma @ shes a super grandma...

The door to my grandma's " bilik " number 8...




The " ruai " of my grandma's longhouse...i used to run from one end to another when i was small....11 door long house...so imagined playing futsal in the " ruai " area....the floors would have different sounds each time you walk on it.....


This is something new in the long house..a new road leading to the back of the long house...


This is the front part of the long house..mostly used as a place to dry clothings and their harvest...(maybe).....and the toilet is located far away from the " bilik "...so that small hut you see above is the toilet....hygiene purposes thats why is being placed outside the " ruai "...


The end of the long house @ 11th " pintu " or " bilik "...


The front view@ main door of the long house





This suspension bridge is always the fun and scary part and yet without fail i would come and would sit in the middle of the bridge...the scary part is when the bridge is swinging sideways and if it swings too far...you end up below....



 The river...trust me you would not want to be down there...

Crocodiles.....trust me...



P/S: It may be funny living in a long house...but is  something different and  not everybody had the chance to be in a long house....



0 comments: