Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

30th June...

On the 30th June 2009, i spent my birthday doing the extraordinary. I went for a boat ride across the Sarawak river in Waterfront..it has been ages since i took my first boat ride across the river..i guessed it was in primary school...it was a fine weather for the ride and it was worth the trip.

To be honest i am scared of the water for i could not swim (thats an honest confession :P)..and i always fear that the sampan @ penambang as what we in local Kuching people said would turn and capsize under my weight..imagine the boat was rocking from side to side once i masuk the penambang...( touch wood touch wood)


Thats the new DUN @ state assembly hall ...the new one..


Thats the Sarawak river....the famous Waterfront...


Part of Waterfront...is a long pathway....not sure how far...maybe around 2 rounds of a normal stadium? :D


Along the banks of Waterfront...on the left the famous PENAMBANG..hehe..thats Hilton behind and the Golden Triangle of Kuching...



Thats me before boarding my flight onto the PENAMBANG...50 sen per ride..:)



Thats how the look from inside the PENAMBANG...


From behind...


View from across the river at the jetty...hotels in front...:)



Row row row your boat..gentle down the stream @ river



Part of the Waterfront from the other side of the river...

So thats how i spend my morning on the 30th of June 2009....going for a boat ride..anyone interested giving it a try? :D


1 comments:

Gwendalyn Hazel Veno said...

hehe...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad u got over ur fears.. ;) take care. glad u had fun