Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Smiling Mamak...

This evening just drove up to Damansara to fetch our small talent for my group's drama production which is scheduled for tomorrow and Sunday. The talent was a last minute replacement as most of the talent could not make it due to personal reasons ( the character is a small kid and we were lucky Pija, my classmate has a small brother to be the replacement :) )

So while waiting for her to fetch her brother, i went to this "mamak" stall, a quiet one nearby. Took my dinner as i was hungry. While waiting for my order to come, cant help looking at this "ane" or "mamak" doing his work nearby..

Saw him tossing "roti canai", frying my noodle and doing some chopping and slicing. At certain times he would look at me and smile...giving a thumbs up to me if my fried noodle was okay. Kept smiling towards him as he does his work as he was smiling and singing happily...

Is not that i never seen those "mamak" before as life in Shah Alam itself is surrounded by "mamak" stall but is all about people in different walk of life. How different people goes through different ups and downs in life. You may be rich and be surrounded by all the fame but in reality is all sad and lonely within. Where as you may be average and just leading a simple life but deep inside you are happy and life to you is something you look forward everyday with surprises.

As i left the stall, i look back and smile at him...and saw him smiling at him waving me back...that smile of sincerity that makes your day...from a simple man like him...:)





A few stolen shots...he was busily doing his work and was smiling and talking with me occasionally :)


Shared a table with a man having "tosai"...

P/S: Hope the production team would be a success with tomorrow and the day after tomorrow

0 comments: